The Opioid Crisis: Government Response
Bob joined Joe Lavelle, host of Intrepid Now Healthcare, to discuss our government response to the Opioid Crisis (which was just formally declared as a public health emergency by President Trump). This podcast was sponsored by National Medical Services Laboratories (NMS Labs) Willow Grove, PA. Specifically, we discuss the following with Bob:
1. We don’t have to look far into the current news to find that the opioid epidemic has reached a critical mass in the U.S., will you start by sharing some of the factors that have contributed to this growing problem?
2. Why do you think prescription drug abuse is such a rapidly growing problem?
3. Do you think we are doing enough to ensure the appropriate use of prescription drugs with high abuse potential?
4. How has the Federal government responded to this growing epidemic?
5. Will you talk a bit more about this FDA Action Plan?
6. What can and should the government be doing next to combat the opioid crisis?
Click here to hear the webinar.